Ok- so I found this blog called CultureCat
, I thought it was interesting and was reading about her. She has a post- 100 things about me. Since a blog is nothing more than on-screen ego (either putting down what you think or how you feel- it is all about the blogger...), I've decided to put out my 100.
1. I'm afraid I won't have 100 things that are notable in even a mundane sense.
2. I love pickle juice.
3. I think I type faster when my fingernails are painted.
4. I keep a running list in my mind of people I would call if I got arrested, just in case- ya know...
*The list stays between no less than 3 and upto 5 (Emilie, Court, and Jennifer).
5. I am afraid that I won't have enough pictures I like of myself when I'm old.
6. I don't have enough pictures of myself when I was younger- I wonder about that.
7. I bought organic tampons and was late paying my phone bill because of it- I fear carcinogens sitting near my cervix more than the threat of poor credit, or at least I do now.
8. is my favorite number and I have a habit of adding numbers because I'm looking for my 8.
9. Music is a staple in my life.
10. I find joy in the most random things- one of the interns told me when my birthday is the other day, I almost cried.
11. My three middle toes will bend all the way back to touch the top of my foot- I think this is cool.
12. I want a big diamond, but I don't want to get married.
13. I really like my name and I don't care if it seems selfish or self-absorbed. I really like it.
14. Dating is a sport and I don't think I'm an athlete.
15. I prefer to drink out of straws.
16. I really like to be around people.
17. I like to put my hand on people when I pass them in close proximity- I think it's ok to be affectionate to strangers.
18. I like to smell my cat- he just smells like what peace would smell like--- to me.
19. It doesn't bother me to sweat, I don't think it's that
20. Just thinking of Reagan from The Exorcist
scares me, I mean it really freaks me out.
21. I wonder, often, if I really have what it takes to get into and go to graduate school.
22. Was a friend of mine's favorite number, we haven't spoken since high school, but I still think of her when I see the number.
23. Mexican food is my absolute favorite.
24. is how old I was when I met the first love of my life- I am so proud that I loved so much and know that I'm equipped to do it better the next time.
25. I prefer not to wear shoes- I find them cumbersome.
26. I act frustrated when I see that the cats have left their stupid furballs in places around the house- but really I think it's cute because I like to know this is their home too.
27. I like to spell things fun-ed-ickly. When I do that- I know the words appear in your head the way I would say them.
28. I love covers- covers of songs, I like the songs I like and when someone else sings them that makes me like them because they must like the song that I like, too!
29. Red is my favorite color but it used to be blue and I felt guilty for moving on but I'm ok with it now.
30. I seem to cry every time I move, I don't care anymore.
31. I enjoy unpacking- nesting- settling in. It just feels so comforting to make something mine- even if only for awhile.
32. Snakes really do scare me. I fucking hate them!
33. I think I look like my daddy and I wish I called him more.
34. I no longer want to loose weight- I just want my body to last and I wonder what I have to do to make that happen.
35. I thought that I made the word 'bulbous' up- I did not.
36. I like to brag about how long Emilie and I have been best friends.
37. I like beer- a lot.
38. I like wine even more: favorite white of the moment: 2Brother's Big Tattoo White favorite red of the moment: Red Truck.
39. I can think of few things that feel better than having someone scratch my back- it's awesome!
40. My mom will forever be the standard of what strength is- no matter how many flaws I discover.
41. I enjoy the multiple uses of duct tape. When I discovered the transparent duct tape- I was truly delighted.
42. I like the smell of floral-ie things as opposed to fruit-ie things.
43. I want my family to be proud that I'm an activist for good causes- but I'm learning to appreciate myself knowing I may never have that.
44. I have a tattoo and have never regretted it- the realization that I haven't regretted it reassures me that I make good decisions for me.
45. I like the smell of bleach as a cleaning agent in my home but never on my clothes.
46. I really need to work on remembering peoples names.
47. I will sing whenever the mood strikes me- and it almost always feels good.
48. It is hard for me to leave the house because I am always afraid that I am forgetting
49. I do NOT think that having my period is gross, weird, or anything to be ashamed of.
50. I love my name and cannot imagine changing it and have felt that way for as long as I can remember.
51. I really enjoy going to yoga but don't feel the need to advertise because I feel like it is pretentious and so 'Dallas.'
52. I really want to grow my hair out this time- I'm going to do it!
53. I think Stanley sees ghosts. I think Othello sees them too, but just doesn't care.
54. Admitting that I need help is something I am proud of- it's taken a lot.
55. I like to decorate and I think I do so well- given the potpourri of items I have.
56. I really like my stuff- it does my soul good to see it in my home.
57. I cannot date another closed-minded, conservative, 'Republican,' that claims to want an 'independent woman.' I think that is bullshit code for, 'I just want you to have friends and not be so clingy.' huh (large sigh) get a dog, dude!
58. The Lamasil commercial with that fungus monster that lifts the toenail and crawls in- totally freaks me out! It is just so foul!
59. I can count 5 'M's' from where I am sitting in my home and I think that is M
60. I wonder how I am going to deal with the aging of my parents.
61. Doors are unnecessary and I take them down much and often- curtains will suffice (this is something my counselor and I have explored...).
62. I do not consider myself religious and yet I truly appreciate it when someone says they will keep me in their prayers- I believe that to be powerful.
63. I know this world is a fucked up place and yet I still want to be in it- making it less fucked up.
64. I wish I finished reading more books- I'm so weak at that!
65. I really like to fly- I feel so fulfilled to be going somewhere or coming home when I'm on an airplane.
66. I think my sister's have an incredible amount of potential and I hope to see them find it themselves.
67. I have yet to acknowledge my step-mother's birthday and I feel some guilt about that because I know she has been good to me.
68. I love LOVE love quotes- I have a ton of them and love to read through them!
69. Molly and I, when we were in high school, used to steal shit that had 69 on just for the immaturity of it--- I still have one we stole from a Wal-Mart.
70. I keep so much stuff that has no value to anyone but me.
71. I think I do want to have children someday but am not willing to do so by myself (I think I would make a good mother).
72. The smell of mothballs remind me of my grandmother- and I like it!
73. It's no longer enough for me to be loved by a romantic partner- I have to be appreciated, I think that will be incredibly difficult to find.
74. The sound of people laughing is one of the best sounds to me, even if it's at me.
75. I may forever be a 'trichster.'
76. I am a night-person, NOT a morning-person. I think I got this from my mother.
77. I really do not care if anyone thinks I am homosexual.
78. was the year I was born and I am ready to be done with my '20's' because I want to be taken seriously. . . I mean when I'm being serious- which isn't that often so....
79. Incorporating song lyrics into conversations is a measure of whit and humor that I really like- like it? I love it, I want some more of it. I try so hard, I can't get enough of it. . .
80. The next vehicle I purchase will be a hybrid.
are from the devil and I hate them!
82. I do not believe in hell.
83. I like to drive with the windows down- pretty much all the time!
84. I truly enjoy napping, I think I get more out of a nap than a full night's sleep.
85. I think I'm forgetting some stuff that's should be in the 100- but won't make it.
86. When I think about winning the lottery- I think more about what I wouldn't
do than what I would
do (for instance- I wouldn't go nuts and buy a a lot of stupid shit, I will still buy all my make-up at Target!).
87. What I do defines who I am.
88. "Steal Magnolia's" still makes me cry and I will forever think that 'my col-uhs are blush and bashful' because of it.
89. I do love fluer de lys, I don't know why, and I don't want anymore.
90. Fast food does not appeal to me on a normal basis- but when it does, nothing NOTHING is better than Long John Silvers- ain't nothin' wrong w/ malt vinegar!!!
91. If the friends I have made in the past year, or so, are representations of who I really am- then I am a good person.
92. If the friends I have that are still closest to me are representation of who I want to be- than I will be a good person.
93. I think it's interesting that I cry at the most random, obscure times- and yet when the fan hits the shit and I'm mad or really hurt I don't cry. This is hard because this is why Emilie thinks that I am not as upset as she may be.
94. I'm a 'social smoker' and I don't care anymore- but dude, don't tell my parents.
95. I like to be wrapped up in blankets.
96. I think it's super-cute to see the cats come down the stairs.
97. Cotton candy is one of my most favorite things (yeah, I have a cotton candy maker- I'm not ashamed to admit it!).
98. I am forever late, times- much like speed limits- are suggestions.
99. I always questioned whether or not I would graduate from college and the fact that I did is an accomplishment for me, I hope graduate school proves even more to me.
100. This took me a week to complete and I don't think it's because I don't have enough facts but backaches. . . .